Monday, February 2, 2009

That itchy feeling

I've started looking at job postings again.

It must be the constant barrage of bad economic news. It inspires a desire to sock away a few extra grand a month, just in case.

Well, there's still three months till little wee Scotland makes his appearance, so I won't be socking away any cash anytime soon.

But I've begun thinking about where I might be able to work and still retain a minimum of sanity. Some irrational small part of my mind thinks that working postpartum might be amusing. I think I should stop accepting calls from that part of my mind. My more rational mind says I just need to go back to the psych hospital as a part timer. Money is the same, less time on your feet. Time on your feet= bad when you've just had a baby.

We'll see. I'll be glad just to be back home in Texas, in comfortable (if uninspired) surroundings.

2 comments:

Tina U. said...

Perhaps you might consider looking into freelance technical writing or copyediting gigs, M. Those types of jobs would let you work at home.

Frog Contessa said...

Hey Bob, good to see you.

It's kind of a mixed emotion, really. I actually kind of like going out to work, somewhere away from the Tribe where I am just ME and not Mommy. I just don't like doing it five days a week, heheh.

Plus let's be honest . . . if I'm at home, I am ultra super lazy!