Thursday, January 29, 2009

"I'm in training . . ."

It always seems like everyone's in training for something. Weight loss goals are breezily followed by "And then I'll be running a 5k . . ." or "running the such-and-such marathon . . ." or "hiking in the Andes with Juan, my personal trainer."

Leaving aside the obvious lack of a dashing personal trainer, I've decided to be "in training." I mean, why not? Sure, I can't breathe, my heart rate soars if I walk across the house too quickly, and I'm so out of shape that it's almost impossible to even ponder seeing my toes again, much less pounding them across twenty six miles of roadbed. But, hey, you have to have a goal, right?

So, I am officially "in training" for the Walt Disney World Marathon. In, umm . . . 2011? Wait, what year is that? Better make it 2012, to be safe. It's held in January, so, yeah, definitely 2012.

That will, not coincidentally, be about the time of Wales's 5th birthday. Not like I'd plan to go to WDW for anything but strict running opportunities or anything . . . .

No comments: