Thursday, January 29, 2009

Better

Starting to feel human again. I'm still breathing through goo, and things aren't perfect, but it's a lot better than it was a couple days back.

We began packing some things last night for the ReMove. The board games, two big boxes of toys that properly belong in the gameroom of our Texas house, but have been migrating through this gameroom-less house from closet to closet. Hubby has packed a few boxes of my books, but there are still two boxes waiting for topping off and taping-- we'll do that this evening, then stack them out of the way.

I never planned on moving back into our Texas house. There are so many things I'd have done differently if I'd known that it wouldn't sell. I wouldn't have painted the nursery back to plain beige. :-( It was beautiful with midnight blue ceilings and sky-blue walls painted with green hills. Now it's just . . . beige. Blah.

I would have left a lot of stuff in storage back in Texas, to save us the trouble of moving it all.

Ah well, we don't always plan these things, but we'll have to make the best of it. I'm going to try to get the china cabinet all cleared out and packed this week, along with the sideboard and the rest of the dining room stuff. If I can pack all the non-essential dishes, we'll be ahead of the game.

The closets are my next nightmare. They seem to multiply their contents by some strange magic. Surely we didn't buy THAT many pillowcases . . . .

No comments: