Thursday, February 12, 2009

Small Successes

I've been reading the blog over at Faith and Family Live for quite a while now, just sort of sneaking my way back into the Catholic mommy world. Nursing school ate up every bit of my energy and intelligence for two years, I'm just now coming out of the fog. (And then fell into the pregnancy mind fog, HaHa.) But anyway I think their idea of posting some actual successes every week is a good idea, and probably more encouraging to one's self than some random list of 25 things (which I have heard is going around as well, but I intend to avoid!)

FaithButton
Successes!

1. I called our cable internet provider today after they shut off the internet, paid them over the phone, and got the internet turned back on. Doesn't seem like a huge deal, but the hubby has been overwhelmed at work and this was one of the bills that slipped through the cracks. It made me feel glad that I could do this for him instead of making him worry about it and try to deal with it from work.

2. I made it to the grocery store on Monday night, where I was able to buy actual real foods that we needed to prepare meals this week. I've been asking hubby to stop by for an item or three after work, but it's not fair for me to ask him to get "that thing that I need for the enchiladas, no I can't remember the name right now, but you know, don't you?" (Canned black olives, incidentally.) Of course, we used the pork chops on Monday, the pot roast on Tuesday, the enchiladas yesterday, and tonight is the stroganoff, so we'll need to shop tomorrow, but I DID shop this week!

3. I packed all the clothes that don't fit my pregnant form and the clothes that are weather-inappropriate into a large wardrobe box in preparation for our Re-Move. That was about 95% of my wardrobe. My closet is almost empty now, making it easier to get ready for the move. It's slightly depressing to look at my limited wardrobe options, but it is nice to see all that uncluttered space.

No comments: