Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Urk

Got some rather unpleasant news yesterday-- my favorite ob-gyn, the one who delivered Wales two years ago, is not doing deliveries anymore. She's stopping at the end of April. I'm due halfway through May. Grrrr! I can't believe it . . . I was so counting on having her there for this delivery.

The practice she's referring people to happens to contain the ob-gyn who was so heartless and rude to me during my miscarriage, three and a half years ago. Needless to say, I'm not pleased with the idea of transferring over to them.

It's just too stressful for me to even think about right now. I'm going to wait until the weekend and call my old L&D preceptor, see if she has any ideas. Right now, I'm too much of an anxious wreck to call anyone. It's definitely one of those times you want to curl up in bed and pull the covers over your head and not come out until next Wednesday.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Eww. That's nasty news. I will pray that this resolves better than you could have hoped. At least you have some time. blessings!

Theresa said...

Hey! Sorry about the stressful care provider issue... I haven't caught up with much of the rest of your blog yet but saw you on Faithandfamilylive.com. So good to see you back! Congrats on your growing family.

I don't know how to change my username on here easily, but I used to be known as the maternal unit of a little one named David. We have a baby girl now as well and our 4-year-old son is one of the many who "might be on the autism spectrum" or whatever, so I went looking in vain for any relevant archives of yours not long ago. But if he is on that spectrum, it's definitely on the easier end, like just a little too delayed for Asperger's.

Just glad to see you back and seemingly, hopefully, thriving.

Frog Contessa said...

Thanks, Mrs Poppins, I can use the prayers.

Davey's Mommy, hi! Congrats on the little girl, they're a whole 'nother ball of wax from baby boys, aren't they?

Sorry to hear that David is having issues, but one comfort I CAN offer you is that a LOT of developmental issues and problems, from hearing problems to simple slowness in developing, LOOK a lot like autism at three or four years of age. By the time he's seven or eight, you'll have a much truer understanding of his potential. After all, the whole spectrum is really just our grab-bag term for "developmental delays we don't quite understand."

I'll be praying that David is one of the ones that makes a sudden and remarkable "catch-up" in the next few years!